Holy moly! I make pizza all the time! (More than most, probably) My kid is a self-proclaimed Pizzatarian, for goodness sake.
I decided to mix it up a little and instead making flat pizza, I went all Cinnamon Roll-gangsta like on these bad boys and made Pizza Rolls instead. They were a hit!
Pizza Dough Recipe:
(I let the dough rise only for about 20 mins, because I did not want the dough to proof too long before I rolled it out, topped it and then set it down to proof longer)
- 15 oz (3 cups) Flour
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 9 fl oz Warm Water
Directions by Hand:
- Place flour into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
- Add yeast, sugar, salt, olive oil and water and stir until combined.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5–10 minutes or until a smooth ball forms.
Directions by KitchenAid:
- Place flour into a stand mixers bowl and make a well in the center.
- Use dough hook.
- Add yeast, sugar, salt, olive oil and water and turn on low combined (about 3 minutes).
- Turn to medium and knead for 5–10 minutes or until a smooth ball forms.
Directions by Both – Kitchen Aid and Hand:
- Place dough ball into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap or clean cloth. Set in a warm place for 30 minutes or until dough has doubled.
- Turn dough out on a floured surface and punch the dough to remove excess air, knead lightly.
- Divide dough into 4.
- Makes enough dough for 4 10-12″ thin pizzas.
After this has proofed a bit, roll it out into a large rectangle, then put marinara and whatever toppings you want, leaving a space of about 1-2 inches all along the edges. Roll up lengthwise and pinch the ends to seal. Cut into rolls, and place on baking pan to rise. Cover for about 40 mins until they’ve risen up.
Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes. You will smell them when they are almost done!