Oh, GG. I miss you dearly. Your perfume, snuggles and delectable Raisin Bran Muffins. These are the old-school, to die for muffins that your great-grandma could make in her sleep. Love these & they are super easy! I make them with organic raisin bran cereal, but same deal! Here’s the recipe:
- 1(15 ounce) box Raisin Bran cereal (Flakes , about 9 cups)
- 3cups sugar
- 5cups flour
- 5teaspoons baking soda
- 2teaspoons salt
- 4eggs, beaten
- 1cup vegetable oil
- 1quart buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- Mix cereal with raisins, sugar, flour, soda and salt in a very large bowl. Add oil, eggs and milk. Allow to rest before use.
- Store in a covered container and use as needed.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- For an added treat melt one teaspoon butter and one tablespoon of brown sugar in each muffin tin before filling.